see Google Goggles is a refreshing new way to search for stuff you can see. It uses your phone’s camera to capture an object, sign, building etc., and then allows you to conduct search directly via that photo/visual, rather than use a regular search bar on your browser!
It’s super cool and super fun!
Just point your mobile phone camera at a painting, a famous landmark, a barcode or QR code, a product, or a popular image. If Goggles finds it in its database, it will provide you with useful information concerning the object of your attention, right then and there!
Goggles can read text in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, and Turkish, and translate it into other languages too.
Here are some other ways you can use the Goggles app:
- Scan barcodes using Goggles to get product information
- Scan QR codes using Goggles to extract information
- Recognize famous landmarks
- Translate by taking a picture of foreign language text
- Add Contacts by scanning business cards or QR codes
- Scan text using Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
- Recognize paintings, books, DVDs, CDs, and just about any 2D image
- Solve Sudoku puzzles