Apple Earpods, the product that redefined the form factor of earphones, were launched in September 2012. Complete with a design that naturally facilitates deep bass and rich sound, coupled with inbuilt microphone and call controls, they were bundled with iPhone 5. Since, Apple Earpods are built in the shape of the human ear, it's easier to wear them, as well as it makes room for the air inside the speakers to move freely, resulting in a high-quality sound output. However, the plastic build does not give you the desired comfort over long periods of usage. There has been enough criticism for this product for lacking the rubber outer layer as previous earbuds had. Also, many users have reported moisture linked issues on remote and microphone.
- Inline remote acts as call control and volume control. It can also play or pause music/video as well as record voice memos.
- Using wired connectivity, they can be paired with any device using the 3.5 mm Aux jack.
- The unique ear-shaped design results in extremely good speaker dynamics thereby resulting in rich, deep sound quality.
- Weight: ~10 gms
- Cable length: 1.4 mts
- Impedance: ~45 ohms
- Frequency response: 5 - 24000 Hz
- Box contents: Apple Earpod; Storage and Travel case
Apple Earpods come with one year of warranty along with carrying case at a price of ~Rs.2,000, if purchased individually. Sweat and water resistant, they are a good choice for the value buyer. We (Chip-Monks) recommended Apple Earpods purely for the value proposition.